Friday, January 30, 2009

45 Years of listening

I have been listening and watching music for nearly 45 years. I think the present must be the best time to be a music lover. There is so much good live music at the moment in varied genres. Technology and fast Broadband means that I can look at past and present masterly performances - I use iLike, LastFM, MySpace, Genius on iTunes I know in the US you have Pandora but in the UK I have great hopes for Spotify. I just love these 'push and shove' technologies that take you along to people that you might not have considered in the past.

In my first foray on this Blog I thought I'd share with you the women I'm enjoying at the moment, I know some of these great artists go over several decades. Its just who I associate with a particular decade

1950's Dinah Washington and Ella

1960's Nina Simone and Etta James

1970's Dusty Springfield,

Carole King and Judy Collins (with Leonard)


1980's Blondie


and Marianne Faithful


1990's Alicia Keyes, Joss Stone, India.Arie, Anastacia,


2000s Dianna Krall, Nelly Furtado, Adele and Duffy

My memory goes and I rushed this - but there are so many!

No comments: