Thursday, April 2, 2009

There is lots of Love

Kelvin has posted Love Albums before - but there are so many beautiful songs - so I'll have a go at some of those that the newspaper I read recommends.

God Only Knows the Beach Boys
Supposedly written in 15 minutes by Brian Wilson and Tony Asher.

I may not always love you
But long as there are stars above you
You never need to doubt it
Ill make you so sure about it

The Beatles - She Loves You
'one of the most exhilarating examples of pop joy ever recorded'

She said you hurt her so
She almost lost her mind.

But now she said she knows

You're not the hurting kind.


Bridge:

She says she loves you

And you know that can't be bad.

Yes, she loves you

And you know you should be glad. Ooh!


Heroes - David Bowie
love can transcend even the nuclear face-off between Nato and the Warsaw Pact

Hounds of Love - Kate Bush
Love as a prowling source of terror
Its in the trees!
Its coming!


.....
Here I go!
Its coming for me through the trees.

Help me, someone!

Help me, please!


I Got a Woman - Ray Charles
Old style sexism - the woman lives way over time but still knows her place is in the home - the start of soul?

Then he kissed me - The Crystals
He kissed me in a way I've never been kissed before

No comments: