Friday, May 8, 2009

Andy Fairweather Low - Super Musician

I notice that few of the clips I have included actually h
ave Andy in them, however you get a feeling of the types of music he has been involved in. They also give me enjoyment in listening to some excellent music. That having been said I have observed Andy both live and in clips since the late '60's

Amen Corner - I remember enjoying this on TOTP in my youth. Very superior musicianship and excellent pop.


The Who


Andy sang backing vocals on many of the 1978 Who album 'Who are You' as well as subbing for Pete Townsend while he was in rehab.


Roger Waters - Andy has worked with the ex-Pink Floyd star since 1985


He has played Rhythm guitar for the Deep Purple's Joe Satriani

Eric Clapton - Andy plays guitar and backing vocals on One More Car, One More Rider



Bill Wyman Rhymn Kings although not on this track he has toured with them extensively



Linda Ronstadt & Emmylou Harris - he plays lead guitar on Western Wall. I am going to indulge in this


He is also on From Clarksdale To Heaven - Remembering John Lee Hooker

No comments: