Monday, May 25, 2009

New Jazz Artist Melody Gardot

Ron recently posted a video of the aptly named Melody Gardot, I just got around to taking a closer look at her, after hearing her on my local jazz radio station. When I heard her voice, I had to check her out.

Man she is talented, I love her phrasing and sense of style. She sounds good, has implacable timing and is easy to look at, a very compelling combination indeed.

Ron said of her, "Sumptuous, sexy, scrumptious." and I agree wholeheartedly.



A wonderful video that can not be embeded Who Will Comfort Me

Wikipedia says of her:
Melody Gardot (born 1985) is an American jazz singer, writer and musician in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She was disabled at 19 after being struck by a car while riding her bicycle and became a musician after discovering music therapy. She has been influenced by such blues and jazz artists as Janis Joplin, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington and George Gershwin as well as Latin artists such as Stan Getz and Caetano Veloso.

My One And Only Thrill
My One And Only Thrill by Melody Gardot (MP3 Download)
My One And Only Thrill by Melody Gardot April 28, 2009 (mp3 Download)













Worrisome Heart
Worrisome Heart by Melody Gardot (MP3 Download)
Worrisome Heart by Melody Gardot Feb 26, 2008 (mp3 Download)














Melody Gardot @Amazon.com

Melody Gardot @Twitter

Melody Gardot @MySpace

Interview On NPR's Weekend Edition

No comments: