Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hapiness - Yasmin Levy

LastFM
Yasmin Levy (b. 1975) is a singer of Sephardic music born in Jerusalem.Her father, Yitzhak Levy, was a pioneer researcher of the music of Spanish Jewry, often called Ladino music. She has brought a new interpretation to the international Ladino song scene by returning to original instruments like the Persian oud, violin, cello, percussion, and piano. Her debut album was Romance & Yasmin in 2004, which earned her a nomination as Best Newcomer for the BBC World Music Awards 2005.
Happiness" (La Alegria)
(Lyrics & music: Yasmin Levy")

I drink and drink and drink
To forget you
I sleep and sleep and sleep
So I don't have to think.
Damned be the world,
I live to pay for the sin of loving you.

I leave you forever, my love
But don't forget that I exist only for you
And I give you the song of my life as a present
Forever... until I die.



Yasmin Levy - Sentir

No comments: