Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Punk

My faves

I remember how excited I felt when I first heard Velvet Underground & Nico. I remain a fan of Lou Reed and John Cale - surely one of the most influential groups in modern music?

Clash - "The Only Band That Matters"
I enjoy commitment


Siouxsie & the Banshees - one of my daughters was a punk with hair, dress and tats - we had to listen to Siouxsie ad nauseam.

Ramones - influential, terrific music - striven by internal strife.


Buzzcocks - important up where I live.

Stranglers - they produced songs that resonate in your head and stay for a long, long time.

Stiff Little Fingers

Dead Kennedys

The Damned
- my daughters loved them. One of them lived nearby

Gogol Bordello - pre Madonna

Ian Dury - saw him a couple of times - magnificent.




Patti Smith Group

The Vandals

No comments: