Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Romantic Music : Inputs from the Peanut Gallery

I put the word out that I wanted to get a discussion going on the list of "100 Romantic Albums of All Time". You can see the first three post here >> 1-10, 11-20, 21-30.

But the cool part is some of my online friends have started responding, and their suggestions are too cool.

Diamond Life by SadeMy online friend The Blues Blogger recommended some Sade, and I could not agree with him more that she should definitely be on the list. I started to post Lovers Rock, but decided that for me Diamond Life has got to be one of the most Romantic Albums of All Time.



The Art of Romance by Tony BennettAnother online friend nicky187 mentioned Barry White who made the list, and Tony Bennet. Who did not, but when it comes to romance he has got to be on the top of your list.





The Essential Kris Kristofferson by Kris KristoffersonMy friend AAACopywriter who writes the cool blues blog A Copy Writer's Blues suggest Kris Kristofferson's Me and Bobby McGhee. The Essential Kris Kristofferson by Kris Kristofferson has that song and a few others that I would call romantic. I really like the song Me And Bobby McGee and think it is very sad and romantic.


Whitney Houston by Whitney HoustonMy friend oneluv918 sent me a list that include many great musicians. She is always sharing the good stuff with me. Her list included so many that when I think about it should definitely be on the list; Mary J. Blige, Toni Braxton, Whitney Houston (who we had fun making jokes about, but you have to love her music).


Toni Braxton by Toni BraxtonWhat's the 411? by Mary J. Blige







The Essential Luther Vandross by Luther VandrossMy online friend and food blog colaberator MochaCoffee suggested Luther Vandross and she is always sending me the coolest reggae links. There are quite a few reggae songs that I would consider romantic. Bob Marley's No Woman No Cry comes to mind.



Axis: Bold as Love by Jimi HendrixMy online friend RecordGroves went to the extra effort to start a disscussion thread over at the MusicGeeks Group StumbleUpOn Forums. Which was cool, as my last check we got about 50 suggestions. I will probably break those out separately. But RecordGroves' suggestion of Jimi Hendrix' album Axis: Bold as Love is a good one.


Hoeno an online friend that makes me laugh a lot and who shares my passion for boxers mentioned Al Green. But he is already on the list, but you can't really have too much Al Green when it comes to romance, can you?

My online friend MKWillis stumbled up several really cool and romantic videos; Garth Brooks

Garth Brooks - To Make You Feel My Love


You Are The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me


So these are some of the inputs that I have received so far. I thank everyone who has given input, and look forward to reading your comments and suggestions.

No comments: